I am writing to inform you that from Wednesday 3rd January 2018 we will be operating as a cashless school and will no longer be accepting cash or cheque payments for school dinners, trips, residentials, music lessons or school uniform. Instead we ask that you use our online payment system https://www.schoolmoney.co.uk/public/school_money/login.html.nc and that you pay in advance for all of your child’s expenses. This approach is in-line with other schools in our Local Authority; some of which have been operating a cashless system for several years. In financial terms we estimate that this would have a cost saving of at least £1000 which could be redistributed to benefit our pupils.
You have already been issued with your own password and log-in details for School Money but our office can send you a reminder upon request. We appreciate that not everyone has access to the internet. If this is the case, you can request a PayPoint barcode and pay at any outlet that has a “PayPoint” machine; the nearest one to our school is at Best One (397-399 Hempshaw Lane).
Some of the benefits of becoming a cashless school include:
• A convenient way for parents to pay;
• Preparing parents for the online systems used by high schools;
• Faster transactions;
• Traceable payment history;
• Reduced admin time and direct cost savings;
• A fully transparent system for reconciliation reporting;
• The elimination of the cost of cash collection services;
• Fully auditable payments;
• An up to date picture of who has paid with an up to date record of outstanding payments.
It is very important that the school has your most up-to-date contact information, so please let us know if your mobile number or email address has changed.
We would like to thank you for your continued support and hope that together we can make this a smooth transition to a cashless school.