Thank you for completing our Home Learning Survey. Your views are very important to us and have helped us to create a clear and consistent Home Learning Policy for our school.
Summary of main point’s raised by parents in the survey:
- Some parents felt that we provided too much home learning for their children while others felt that we didn’t provide enough.
- Overall, parents’ felt that the amount of home learning that is set fluctuates as well as the days and dates which this is set and due back in school.
- Overall, the Learning Logs in their current format were viewed as time consuming and very open ended. Several amendments to the Learning Logs were suggested including: allowing children to be more creative and adding an element of selection to the process.
- Although many parents felt confident in helping their children with their home learning challenges, some felt that the way we teach things has changed so much from when they were at school that they were concerned with teaching their children the wrong methods.
- Some parents felt that home learning wasn’t engaging.
Please find further information about Home Learning below: