Purpose of collecting your personal data
To enable you to receive school letters and messages reliably and promptly via e-mail or text school is required to share a limited amount of your personal data with Teachers2Parents, the schools chosen provider of this service. Banks Lane Junior School will remain the data controller throughout.
We have chosen Teachers2Parents as they are registered with the Data Protection Registrar and guarantee that all information you provide will be kept private and will not be passed on to any other organisation.
Personal data required by Teachers2Parents to register you with their service.
This will be supplied by school.
- Parent’s name
- Parent’s e-mail address
- Parent’s mobile Telephone number (if available)
- Child’s name
Access to your data
Individual pupil/parent and contact information is strictly private and can only be seen by the school or the individual parent concerned. No parent can view contact data belonging to any other parent.
A user/parent/school/club can request a copy of all the information held by Teachers2Parents for a nominal fee of £ 10.00, please contact dataprotection@123Comms.com
Updating your records
A user may update their data at any time via the website; this includes requesting that their data be deleted.
Deleted records will immediately cease to be visible/available to any school/club or user and will subsequently be removed from our database as soon as Teachers2Parents have no further need for the data (usually within 30 days).
Data Teachers2Parents collects about your use of the website
Webservers generate log files every time a page is accessed. This information is used by Teachers2Parents to examine system performance and the level of service they are providing, the data is aggregated and does not identify any individual.
This information includes:
- The Internet address (IP address) of the computer that requested the page.
- The name of page/s you accessed.
- The page elements that were requested.
- The type of web browser you used.
- The length of time you remained logged in for.
- Any error messages.
- Cookies identify you while you are logged in and using the service.
- When you login Teachers2Parents servers send a cookie to your browser, this cookie is remembered by your browser which sends it back to us every time you look at a page – this is how the servers can work out who you are.
- By default Teachers2Parents systems send session cookies to your computer, when you logout or close your browser window this cookie is either changed by Teachers2Parents or forgotten by your computer.
- When you login you can choose to have your login details remembered for up to 60 days. If you choose this a cookie will be stored on your machine and the information it contains will allow you to be logged in automatically. When you logout or login again from a different computer these details will be invalidated.
- Please make sure that you do not choose the ‘Remember my password’ option if other people use or have access your computer.
If you have any further questions or queries, please contact Mrs Collins, our school Business Manager, on 0161 480 2330.